Fresh Mulch for Your Garden
If you dream of relaxing with your morning coffee, flanked by mature bushes, trees, and thriving flowers, Legends cannot stress enough, the importance of investing in high-quality mulch products.
Let your Garden Thrive
The 5 Main Reasons To Use Mulch…
- Suppresses the growth of weeds
- Adds nutrients to garden soil
- Maintains moisture content for plant material
- Protects against garden erosion
- Insulates against temperature changes
Hold Down the Fort
All of Legends’ mulch options are heavy and compactible enough to resist wind erosion, but sturdy enough to break up rain droplets and prevent soil crusting. Many types of mulch are created by chopping up old skids, but not ours! Our mulch is au naturel and nail free.
Our Black Dyed Cedar Mulch is double shredded cedar mulch that is dyed black. Many hardwood black mulches can fade to light grey by the end of one season. Our natural black cedar mulch holds the black dye for much longer and can be fluffed with a rake throughout the season to keep it looking fresh.
Cedar Mulch is double shredded to create a uniform product that resists movement after installation. Our natural cedar mulch is long-lasting, it deters insect and weed infestations, and has that lovely cedar smell.
Our Pine Bark Mulch is a dark brown, nutrient dense material. The acidic pH of pine mulch helps to condition the soil below and will give your plants nourishment as it decomposes.
- Place summer mulch mid-spring. Mulch helps retain moisture, but too much moisture can be a bad thing so, let the winter snow melt away completely before mulching.
- Plants should be rooted in soil, below the mulch, for best results. Annuals can be planted in mulch but, they will require more watering. Perennials, shrubs, and trees need to be planted in quality soil or triple mix. Any plant should be planted in 80% soil and no more than 20% mulch.
Knowing how to calculate just the right amount of mulch or soil necessary for your project will make certain that no time or money is wasted.
Gardens come in all shapes and sizes. It can be hard to decide which design is right for you when there are so many options to choose from. An excellent option to consider it adding mulch – learn about planning and execution.
As you begin the process of revitalizing your landscape in the spring, consider the mulch you will add to your garden and outdoor property. While you may think it’s easy to choose a mulch, the colour you pick can have a lasting effect on the aesthetic and curb appeal of your home. In this article, we’re going to review some factors that may help you make the best choice.
Get Started Today
Use our materials calculator to figure out exactly how much mulch you are going to need in your exciting new project. When you’ve finished, come by our showroom and let us know how we can help turn your outdoor space into the oasis you deserve.